A cough that lasts eight weeks or more is called a chronic cough.
Causes of chronic cough
The most common causes of a chronic cough are:
- postnasal drip
- asthma, especially cough-variant asthma, which causes a cough as the main symptom
- acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- chronic bronchitis or other forms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- infections, such as pneumonia or acute bronchitis
- ACE inhibitors, which are medications used to treat high blood pressure
Chronic cough can occur with other signs and symptoms, which may include:
- A runny or stuffy nose
- A feeling of liquid running down the back of your throat (postnasal drip)
- Frequent throat clearing and sore throat
- Wheezing and shortness of breath
- Heartburn or a sour taste in your mouth
- In rare cases, coughing up blood
For Ayurvedic treatment of ‘Constipation’ please contact our physicians at:
Sushruta Ayurvedic Therapy Center Pvt. Ltd.
A-138, Ground Floor, Madhuban, (Yamuna Paar)
New Delhi – 110092. India.
Phone: +11-22050127, 22050506, 9910672020