Acne is a skin condition, also known as acne vulgaris, that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads and usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages. Common triggers include:
- High humidity and sweating
- Inadequate face washing
- Occlusive cosmetics, cleansers, lotions, and clothing
- Hormonal changes that occur with pregnancy or the menstrual cycle
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Association with milk products and high-glycemic diets.
- Some drugs and chemicals (eg. corticosteroids, lithium, phenytoin, isoniazid)
Signs and symptoms vary depending on the severity of your condition:
- Small red, tender bumps
- Pimples with pus at their tips
- Large, solid, painful lumps.
- Painful, pus-filled lumps.
For Ayurvedic treatment of ‘Constipation’ please contact our physicians at:
Sushruta Ayurvedic Therapy Center Pvt. Ltd.
A-138, Ground Floor, Madhuban, (Yamuna Paar)
New Delhi – 110092. India.
Phone: 011-22050127, 22050506, 9910672020